The urinary tract begins with the kidneys then to the bladder through the two ureter tubes. Then exits from the bladder through the urethra to the outside. The urethra in a male passes through the prostate gland. An infection in any part of this system may be referred to as a UTI. There are also specific names for infections in each of the areas.
· Urethra – urethritis.
· Bladder – cystitis
· Bladder wall inflammation – interstitial cystitis
· Kidneys – pyelonephritis
A UTI is more common in women than men because of the shorter urethra. The infection can be uncomfortable if not very painful. If it is not treated and it progresses to the kidneys it can become very serious.
Primary: Cypress, Frankincense, Lemon, Protective Blend, Oregano, Sandalwood
Also consider: Cassia, Cinnamon, Melaleuca, Thyme
· Fill a 00 capsule with 2 drops Frankincense, 6 drops Protective Blend, 6 drops Oregano.
· Take one capsule, 3 times per day.
· Also drink 1/2 cup of unsweetened, natural cranberry juice (not the grocery store type but that purchased in a health food store) 3 times per day. This is bitter but worth the distasteful experience.
· Continue 2 or 3 days after the discomfort stops.
· 1/2 cup of of unsweetened, natural cranberry juice (not the grocery store type but that purchased in a health food store) 3 times per day. This is quite bitter and may need to be sweetened with honey.
· Add 3 drops of Protective Blend to the cranberry juice.
· (if the cranberry juice is too distasteful put the Protective Blend in a capsule and fill with cranberry juice).
· Topically apply 1-2 drops of Oregano to the bottom of the feet 3 times per day.
· Some also recommend Cypress applied topically over lower abdomen 2 times per day along with the protocols above.
· Drink lots of water and add 1 to 2 drops of Lemon essential oil to each glass of water.
Most frequently a UTI is a bacterial infection and experience suggests that starting oils as soon as the UTI is suspected and being very aggressive with the frequency of application can reduce the time of discomfort significantly. Also, to be safe from reoccurrence, continue the oils for a week after the symptoms have subsided.
Note * – The information on this website is a compilation of suggestions made by those that have used essential oils and has not been reviewed by those that have used essential oils and has not been reviewed by medical experts. It is anecdotal information and should be treated as such. For serious Medical Concerns consult your doctor. Please treat this website for reference purpose only.