Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease wherein the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks healthy body organs and tissue. With lupus this may be in the joints, skin, kidneys, brain, lungs, heart or other organs of the body. It occurs much more frequently in women than men and more often among Asians and African Americans. Medically it is not understood why autoimmune diseases occur but there are many that suggest candida infections and diet play a role.
Because of the wide range of body systems that may be attacked and the chronic inflammation that occurs lupus can be mistaken for other disorders and difficult to diagnose. One symptom of lupus that occurs in about 50% of the instances is a rash that butterfly pattern across the cheeks and bridge of the nose. The rash gets worse with sunlight and is also seen on other parts of the body. Other symptoms can include breathing pain, fatigue, fever, hair
loss, mouth sores and uneasiness. Some have no visible symptoms, this is know as discoid lupus. Finally if specific parts of the body are affected there may be particular symptoms associated with that area. The brain and nervous system and lead to headaches, numbness, personality changes, seizures, tingling sensations and vision problems. The digestive tract can lead to pain, nausea or vomiting; the heart can lead to arrhythmias; and the skin can lead to the rash previously mentioned as well as patchy skin color.
see also general suggestions for autoimmune disorders.
Nutritional Foundation and Support
• Consistently using the LLV supplements and 8 drops or 1 capsule of DDR Prime 2 times per day will definitely be beneficial. Many suggest limiting sugars along with dairy or other food groups if there are known allergies.
• 2 -3 drops of Frankincense 2 – 4 times daily under the tongue, internally with a spoonful of honey or in a capsule.
• Detoxification Blend Detoxification Complex with Detoxification Blend Blend is a mild detoxification for the vital organs.
• Lots of water with 1 – 3 drops of Lemon or other citrus oils per glass of water. If this is difficult take 10 – 12 drops of Lemon or other citrus oils in a capsule daily.
• Some suggest a candida cleanse for autoimmune diseases (see Autoimmune).
For candida use the GX Assist/PB Assist protocol (see Detoxification for more details). Others suggest this is not helpful for Lupus. If used consider that some with autoimmune disorders are particularly sensitive and should start this cleanse with 1 GX capsule daily for 2 days, if no skin or digestive reactions increase to 2 capsules for 2 days and then if no reactions to the prescribed 3 per day.
• Daily internally 4 drops of Lemongrass or Helichrysum coupled with the Detoxification Blend Blend (see above) or 4 drops Geranium and Rosemary.
Pain, for relief from specific symptoms consider the following:
• Joints – Soothing Blend rub or blend topically to area of pain.
• Digestion – Digestive Blend and/or Ginger internally and/or topically.
• Skin rashes – Lavender and/or Geranium to sooth.
Bath, some have found an Epson Salts bath periodically soothing and helpful.
• 1 cup of Epson Salts with 4 drops of each Lavender, Lemongrass, Clove and 2 drops of Roman Chamomile.
• (also consider 2 drops of any or all the following for specific needs, Frankincense, Myrrh, Wintergreen and/or Cinnamon).
• Mix the oils with the Epson Salts, run the hot water bath and dissolve the Epson Salts mixture in the water and soak for 20 minutes.
Note * – The information on this website is a compilation of suggestions made by those that have used essential oils and has not been reviewed by those that have used essential oils and has not been reviewed by medical experts. It is anecdotal information and should be treated as such. For serious Medical Concerns consult your doctor. Please treat this website for reference purpose only.