The nervous system is composed of multiple nerve cells connected with Axons that deliver the electrical impulses to and from the brain. The Axon is protected by a sheath of fatty acid substance called the Myelin sheath. Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body mistakenly attacks this Myelin sheath (hence an autoimmune disease) which in turn disrupts the communication between the brain and various parts of the body.
The early symptoms may come and go and hence it is difficult to have a definitive diagnosis. The early symptoms may include numbness, tingling, or weakness in the extremities. Trouble swallowing, bad balance, dizziness, poor memory or concentration, or trouble with hearing or with vision may also occur. Since, as damage to the nerves continue, further deterioration is experienced later symptoms may include the inability to walk or talk.
Oils & Blends: Basil, Invigorating Blend, Clove, Frankincense, Lemon, Melaleuca, Peppermint, Sandalwood, Wild Orange
Also consider: Grounding Blend, Cypress, Joyful Blend, Geranium, Rosemary, Oregano, Thyme
Suggested protocol: see also general suggestions for autoimmune disorders.
Daily to reduce symptoms:
· Morning: Topically apply Peppermint to the bottoms of the feet, take internally, and diffuse.
· During the day add 1-3 drops of Lemon to each glass of water. (drink lots of water)
· Evening: Topically apply Frankincense to the bottoms of the feet, take internally, and diffuse.
Other protocols (Listen to your body, it will tell you what you need). Consider the following for their benefits:
· If a flare up or an exacerbation occurs layer (topically apply one oil after another with 1 to 5 minutes between) Peppermint and Frankincense on the bottoms of the feet and/or the affected area.
· If choking put 2-3 drops of Frankincense in a shot glass half full of water and swallow slowly.
· If discouraged diffuse Invigorating Blend or other uplifting oils.
· To prevent picking up a infectious disease (that might trigger an exacerbation) diffuse Protective Blend or Cleansing Blend regularly. Also use Protective Blend hand wipes if necessary.
Also consider these oils in supplemental ways:
· Helichrysum – strong regenerative properties for nerve tissue
· Sandalwood – similar properties as Frankincense (antibacterial, antiviral, soothing)
· Clove – one of the strongest agents to kill pathogens
Another suggested protocol:
· 10 drops Helichrysum
· 10 drops Frankincense
· 10 drops Sandalwood
· 5 drops Basil
Use Frankincense daily; drop 2-3 drops under the tongue 4 times a day for two weeks. Rest one week and repeat.
Diffuse daily with Lotus diffuser, using MS recipe above and alternate with Frankincense and Wild Orange.
Topical: 1-3 drops of the MS recipe on brain reflexology points, the forehead, temples and mastoids (just behind the ears) and massage 6-8 drops of diluted oil from the base of the skull down the spine. Put a few drops of oil on a loofah sponge and rub along the spine vigorously.
NOTE: Never use hot packs for neurological problems. Always use cold packs to reduce pain and inflammation.
Use Grounding Blend, Calming Blend and Joyful Blend for added emotional support.
Other oils: Wintergreen, Birch, Cypress, Oregano, Thyme
Final suggestion that meets long term goals for wellness will be the Life Long Vitality supplements.
Note * – The information on this website is a compilation of suggestions made by those that have used essential oils and has not been reviewed by those that have used essential oils and has not been reviewed by medical experts. It is anecdotal information and should be treated as such. For serious Medical Concerns consult your doctor. Please treat this website for reference purpose only.