Metabolic syndrome is a name for a group of symptoms that occur together and can be precursors to coronary artery disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes. The symptoms include: overweight (especially around the waist), high blood pressure, high triglycerides, insulin resistance, and low HDL cholesterol. Each symptom alone can signal potential problems but if all are combined together there is a very high risk of heart disease and/or diabetes.
Metabolic syndrome is present if you have three or more of the following signs:
Blood pressure equal to or higher than 130/85 mmHg
Fasting blood sugar (glucose) equal to or higher than 100 mg/dL
Large waist circumference (length around the waist):
Men – 40 inches or more
Women – 35 inches or more
Low HDL cholesterol:
Men – under 40 mg/dL
Women – under 50 mg/dL
Triglycerides equal to or higher than 150 mg/dL
Essential oils based products: Life Long Vitality supplements
The most oft mentioned suggestion for heart problems, diabetes and cholesterol is to use the Life Long Vitality supplements.
The most suggested essential oils for the major risk factors associated with Metabolic Syndrome are:
• Apply a blend of equal parts Cypress, Helichrysum, Lavender and Marjoram topically to the chest area over the heart, the bottoms of the feet reflexology points) and the wrists at least two times a day.
• Apply Grounding Blend on the feet in the morning
• Take 8-10 drops of Coriander and/or Basil in a capsule during the day ( also consider 2 drops of Protective Blend in the capsule as well
• Apply Lavender on the feet at night
• Take a daily capsule with 5-6 drops Lemongrass (or Lemongrass with Cypress and Lavender, or Lemongrass with Cassia)
• Take adequate levels of water daily
Note * – The information on this website is a compilation of suggestions made by those that have used essential oils and has not been reviewed by those that have used essential oils and has not been reviewed by medical experts. It is anecdotal information and should be treated as such. For serious Medical Concerns consult your doctor. Please treat this website for reference purpose only.