Nasal or sinus congestion is the result of inflammation of the nasal passages or sinus cavities. The inflammation can be the result of a number of different maladies such as a common cold, the flu, sinusitis, or allergies. These bacterial or viral infection or the allergens cause the irritation to the membranes which in turn causes the body to produce excess mucus. The combination of these two gives the stuffiness and discomfort most experience.
· Respiratory Blend around the nostrils and/or on the chest. Couple with Eucalyptus around the nostrils for more severe congestion.
· Some find that 1 or 2 drops of Protective Blend topically applied right over the sinus areas and/or the outside of the nostrils will help break up congestion. Use a carrier if too strong.
Swish and pull: 1 or 2 drops of chosen oil(s) in an ounce (mouthful) of water. Swish and pull oils in mouth for 20 – 30 seconds then swallow. Try:
· Most recommended is 2 drops Lemon, 2 drops Lavender, and 2 – 4 drops Peppermint. The more Peppermint the stronger.
· Other combinations: Cinnamon and Lemon (mild), Protective Blend (strong), Oregano (very strong)
· Some are too sensitive to “swish and pull” and taking the same oils internally in a capsule will provide relief
Inhale: Use the chosen oils with one of the following methods:
· Diffuse, an inhaler, or just breath deeply directly from the oil bottle
· Make a steam tent
· Cup and inhale (a few drops in a cup of hot water, breath vapors deeply)
Note * – The information on this website is a compilation of suggestions made by those that have used essential oils and has not been reviewed by those that have used essential oils and has not been reviewed by medical experts. It is anecdotal information and should be treated as such. For serious Medical Concerns consult your doctor. Please treat this website for reference purpose only.