For agitation and depression:
1 – 2 drops of Melissa and/or Frankincense on brain stem, bottoms of feet, roof of mouth, or under the tongue.
To improve cognitive impairment:
1 – 2 drops of Patchouli on brain stem, bottoms of feet, roof of mouth, or under the tongue.
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common disease leading to the symptoms of dementia. These symptoms include loss of memory, language skills, judgment, social skills and other functions of the brain to the point that the loss interferes with a person’s normal functioning. A person may exhibit changes in mood and social behavior with dementia. Loss of memory alone is not regarded as dementia but rather when there is a loss of at least two of the major brain functions.
The cause of Alzheimer’s is not clearly understood but advanced age, family history, and some gene combinations increase the risk of having Alzheimer’s. Recent research also links Alzheimer’s with nutritional deficiencies. Other factors that are believed to lead to higher risk is prolonged high blood pressure and head injuries. The incidence is higher among females.
Alzheimer’s is a progressive disease wherein the neurons in the brain are damaged or die and as the disease progresses more brain cells degenerate and hence a steady advance in the symptoms if left unchecked. The phases and symptoms are:
MCI (Mild Cognitive Impairment)
• Short term memory loss
• Difficulty in multitasking
• Slow in solving more difficult tasks
Early AD (Alzheimer’s Disease)
• Forgetting names of common objects
• Misplacing items
• Forgetting places and routes
• Difficulty in social settings
• Not interested in previous hobbies or activities
• Difficulty with previously understood task
• Forgetting current events and personal history
• Difficulty reading or writing
• Misuse or forget words
• Unusual sleep patterns
• Withdrawing socially, depression, agitation
• Unusual or violent behavior
• Not able to understand conversations or instructions
• Not recognizing family or close acquaintances
• Difficulty with basic tasks such as eating, dressing, etc.
• Incontinence or swallowing problems
Note * – The information on this website is a compilation of suggestions made by those that have used essential oils and has not been reviewed by those that have used essential oils and has not been reviewed by medical experts. It is anecdotal information and should be treated as such. For serious Medical Concerns consult your doctor. Please treat this website for reference purpose only.