Oils: Frankincense, Myrrh, Peppermint, Sandalwood, White Fir
Also consider: Cypress, Geranium, Helichrysum,Thyme
Lou Gehrig’s disease or ALS affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. The particular nerve cells affected are the motor neuron cells thatcontrol the voluntary muscles. The cause of ALS in general is not known except for about 10 percent of the cases where the cause can be traced to a genetic defect. Symptoms do not usually develop until a person is middle aged or beyond. It is more common in men than women and is quite rare only occurring in less than .002% (2 in 100,000) of the population. The gradual progression of the symptoms varies from individual to individual. Some are only expected to live for a few years where others may survive for decades.
Symptoms for those with ALS result from the motor cells slowly deteriorating causing the person to loose control of certain functions and making it increasingly more difficult to perform ordinary functions. This may begin with difficulty in simple movements, breathing, and swallowing. With time symptoms may progress to include difficulty with speech, twitching, increasing muscle weakness with more difficulty in movements, gagging or drooling, and muscle cramps or paralysis. Usually bladder and bowel functions are not affected as well as eyesight, hearing, taste, touch, nor are reasoning and cognitive functions typically affected.
Some suggest the importance of proper nutrition to strengthen the body:
• Wholesome foods and eliminating harmful foods and habits such as alcohol, tobacco, carbonated drinks, high sugar content, etc.
To strengthen the immune system:
• Massage Blend technique as often as possible (up to 2 times daily)
Rebuilding and strengthening at the cellular level:
• Frankincense and Helichrysum are both known for the rejuvenating benefits they have for nerve tissue.
- Frankincense to base of the neck, rubbing it up towards the base of the skull twice daily
- 2 drops Frankincense under tongue, hold 8-10 minutes, swallow; twice daily
Oils for symptomatic relief would include:
• The Massage Blend technique 2 times daily adding Frankincense and Helichrysum to the inflammation and pain reduction phase of the procedure. Then apply 2 drops of Frankincense to the base of the neck, rubbing it up towards the base of the skull-twice daily and also put 2 drops of Frankincense under the tongue morning and night. Hold for 8-10 min then swallow.
Note * – The information on this website is a compilation of suggestions made by those that have used essential oils and has not been reviewed by those that have used essential oils and has not been reviewed by medical experts. It is anecdotal information and should be treated as such. For serious Medical Concerns consult your doctor. Please treat this website for reference purpose only.