Wild orange oil is one of the most powerful and aromatic of the oils, with a citrusy aroma that is truly unique — and wonderful, beyond words. It is energizing and revitalizing, and an effective tool for uplifting the mind and body.
Wild orange oil is sourced from the Dominican Republic, cold pressed (expressed) from the rinds (peels) of the Citrus sinensis fruit, yielding an oil with a sweet, fresh, citrus aroma, high in monoterpenes, including the chemical compound d-limonene.
Wild orange oil is uplifting to the mind and body. It is high in antioxidants, helping to maintain overall health and protect against seasonal and environmental threats. It is ideal to enhance immunity when seasonal threats are high.
Wild orange is also a powerful cleanser and purifying agent. It can be taken daily, to cleanse the body, or used on surfaces, as a natural cleaner. Diffusing wild orange will energize and uplift the mind and body, while purifying the air. It also enhances any essential oil blend with a fresh, sweet, refreshing aroma.
Wild orange is used extensively as a fragrance component in soaps, detergents, cosmetics and perfumes, and in the food and drinks industry.
Primary benefits of wild orange oil
- Powerful cleanser and purifying agent
- Protects against seasonal and environmental threats
- High in antioxidants, which are essential to overall health
- Uplifting to the mind and body
Uses for wild orange oil
- Use in an all-purpose spray, to cleanse and purify surfaces.
- Add a drop to your water every day, for a burst of flavor and to promote overall health.
- Use in massage for its uplifting and protective properties.
- Diffuse, to uplift the mind and body, and to freshen the air.
- Diffuse in the car on long trips. It is uplifting to the mind and body, and protects against environmental threats.
- Use with direct inhalation, to energize the mind and body. Simply dispense one to two drops of wild orange into the palm of your hand, along with equal parts peppermint and frankincense. Rub your palms together, then cup them over your face and inhale deeply. Rub any remaining oil on the back of your neck.
How to use wild orange oil
Wild orange oil is intended for aromatic, topical or dietary use. It is gentle enough to be used neat.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid. Wild orange oil is certified GRAS by the FDA, and is safe for ingestion.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. While gentle enough to be used neat, dilution with carrier oil will help to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.