White fir is derived from the soft needles of the Abies alba tree. It is a favorite among essential oil users, for its ability to provide soothing support to sore muscles and joints, while supporting respiratory function and clear breathing. Its scent evokes feelings of stability, energy and empowerment, energizing the body and mind, while helping the body relax.
The white fir (Abies alba) tree is a popular source of wood for construction, because of its combination of strength, versatility and beauty. It’s also a popular choice for Christmas trees. Native Americans used white fir as a building material, as well as in their traditional medicine, specifically to promote healthy respiratory function.
White fir oil is steam distilled from the needles of the Abies alba tree, yielding an oil with a distinctively clean, crisp, woody, powdery aroma, and a high concentration of the chemical constituents of l-limonene and β-pinene.
White fir essential oil is most noted for its soothing support to sore muscles and joints, as well as its support for respiratory function and clear breathing. Aromatically, white fir evokes feelings of stability, energy and empowerment. It energizes the mind and body, but can also help the body to relax.
Primary benefits of white fir oil
- Provides soothing support to sore muscles and joints
- Supports clear breathing and respiratory function
- Energizes the body and the mind
- Evokes feelings of stability, energy and empowerment
- Helps the body relax
Uses for white fir oil
- Apply to cold, sore muscles and joints, during winter time.
- Diffuse, or apply to chest, to promote clear breathing.
- Add 1 – 2 drops to a hot bath, to relax the body, and breathe in white fir’s emotionally-stabilizing aroma.
- Diffuse, to energize the mind and evoke feelings of energy, stability and empowerment at work.
How to use
White fir oil is intended for aromatic or topical use. It is gentle enough to be used neat.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. While gentle enough to be used neat, dilution with carrier oil will help to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.