Spikenard – Nardostachys jatamansi, a flowering plant of the Valerian family, is native to high altitudes in the sub-alpine and alpine regions of the Himalayan mountains.
Spikenard essential oil is steam distilled from the roots of the plant and has been valued for centuries, traditionally used to anoint people of high honor and in the Ayurvedic health practices of India. Historically, Spikenard was used to uplift mood and promote relaxation.
Spikenard promotes clean, healthy skin. Today, the oil is commonly used in perfumes and relaxing massage oils for its woody, musty scent. Spikenard oil is from Nepal.
Main Chemical Components is Jatamansone.
- Diffuse or apply one to two drops to back of neck or to temples to promote feeling of calmness and relaxation.
- Create a personalized fragrance by combining Spikenard with Clove, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Myrrh, Wild Orange, Rose, and Vetiver.
- Combine with a hydrating cream to soften and smooth skin.
- Add one to two drops to your favorite cleanser or antiaging product to promote healthy, glowing skin.
How to use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
- Topical: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.