1 serving = 61 g (125 mL)
- Source of manganese (15% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Source of magnesium (8% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Source of iron (6% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Source of potassium (226 mg per serving)
- Sodium-free (1 mg per serving)
- Fat-free (0.2 g per serving)
Look for a tight coil and only an inch or two of stem beyond the coil. Choose small, firm, brightly coloured fiddleheads with no signs of softness or yellowing.
Fresh fiddleheads keep well cooled and tightly wrapped in plastic wrap to prevent drying out for up to 3 days. After blanching and freezing, fiddleheads will keep for several months in the freezer, especially if they are allowed to dry out slightly before being frozen, so that ice crystals do not ruin them.
Fiddleheads can be roasted, grilled, boiled or sautéed. Always boil fiddleheads in fresh water for at least 10 minutes before any use.